Add high performance SIMS capability to your existing FIB system
The naturally high dynamic range and surface specificity of SIMS makes it suited to both routine detection tasks, such as end point detection in milling and sample preparation operations, as well as composition determination in failure analysis. Using the primary ion beam of your existing FIB system, Hiden offers a high performance bolt-on FIB-SIMS analysis system.
Using the primary ion beam of your existing FIB system, Hiden offers a high performance bolt-on FIB-SIMS analysis system.
The Hiden SIMS Mapper software controls the FIB beam, gaining elemental images and 3d depth profiles over the SEM’s field of view for nano-scale correlative microscopy.
- Nano-scale Elemental Surface Mapping
- 3D Depth Profiling
- Materials Analysis
- Excellent sensitivity and dynamic range
- Customised software interface
- ‘Feature MS’ mode allows mass spectral data to be gained from a specific area of interest, such as a contaminant, grain boundary etc
- Customised mounting solutions available for any FIB system
- Retractable extraction optics allows operation without interference with other analysis equipment
- <50 nm lateral resolution for surface mapping
- <20 nm depth resolution
- Analysis of trace elements down to ppm levels (thin films, semiconductors, solar cells)
- Isotope detection (e.g. 69Ga, 71Ga)
- Elemental mapping and depth profiling
- Detection of atomic and molecular ions (e.g. Zr+ and ZrO+)