A dual mode RGA system for vacuum diagnostics and process monitoring
The Hiden HMT quadrupole mass spectrometer is a unique dual mode RGA system capable of operating at pressures up to 4 x 10-3 mbar without the need for differential pumping. Operation at this pressure is achieved using a specially designed ion source/quadrupole filter combination and software which corrects for abundance non-linearity. The unique high pressure specification makes the HMT ideal for process monitoring applications.
The HMT is for vacuum process analysis and residual gas analysis, and is vital for process running condition checks, and in process analysis for detecting unexpected contaminants. The HMT system can also operate in RGA mode in the same way as a traditional quadrupole RGA. Dual Faraday / electron multiplier detectors provide partial pressure sensitivities in the 10-13 mbar range. Typical processes that can be monitored include CVD, etching, PECVD and PVD. A process RGA tool for troubleshooting and monitoring.
The HMT can also operate in RGA mode in the same way as a traditional quadrupole RGA. Faraday / electron multiplier detectors provide partial pressure sensitivities in the 10-13 mbar range.
- HMT mode for high pressure operation to 4x10-3 Torr (min detectable partial pressure 4 x 10-8 Torr)
- RGA mode for high sensitivity operation at P < 10-4 Torr (min detectable partial pressure 1 x 10-11 Torr)
- 100 amu mass range, Remote (PC) Control interface via MASsoft Professional PC software
- Stability (less than ±1% height variation over 24 h)
- MASsoft software control via RS232, USB or multiple systems via Ethernet LAN
- Fast access, mixed mode scanning Trend and Analog in multiple windows for example
- Simultaneous real time display of graphical and tabular trend analysis data
- Cursor for peak height identification under mouse control
- Real time background subtract, Automatic mass scale alignment
- Data export facility to ASCII format and to all Windows devices
- Dynamic Data Exchange facility for real time data transfer to other DDE client compatible Windows™ applications
e.g. Excel, SPC-IV statistical process control software
The system is supplied with MASsoft 7 Professional Edition software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.