Designed for analysis of gases, vapours and VOCs in liquids
The Hiden HPR-40 DSA Membrane Inlet Mass Spectrometer (MIMS) is a compact bench-top gas analysis system for real-time quantitative analysis and monitoring of dissolved/evolved gases.
The system offers the facility for analysis to sub-ppb (parts per billion) levels and is suited to gas analysis applications where sample volume is small and for environmental applications where detection of a low concentration level is required. Both dissolved species probe inlets and circular membrane carrier inlets are available to address a broad range of applications. The inlet probe uses a special membrane that allows small levels of the dissolved species to pass through it and into the ion source of a high precision quadrupole mass spectrometer.
A manual isolation valve allows for control of the sampling and a solenoid safety valve provides protection for the mass spectrometer and vacuum system in case of membrane failure.
- Analysis of dissolved species with mass range 200 amu (300 amu option)
- Sub parts per billion detection levels
- High precision and stability species ratio measurements (e.g. marine de-nitrification studies)
- Soil core analysis
- Fermentation process analysis
- Water analysis in estuary, river or reservoir
- Groundwater contamination studies
- Methane production control
- Microbiological/enzyme activity studies
- Environmental monitoring
The system is supplied with MASsoft 7 Professional Edition software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.