A system for multiple source monitoring in MBE deposition applications
Molecular beam sources require accurate control for reproducible production quality thin film growth. Hiden’s XBS system provides in-situ monitoring of multiple sources with real-time signal output for precise control of the deposition.
The high sensitivity and fast data acquisition of the XBS system provide signals for control of growth rates from 0.01 Angstrom per second.
- High Sensitivity, Enhanced detection from 100% to 5ppb, mass range to 510 amu
- Enhanced long-term Stability (less than ±0.5% height variation over 24 h)
- Crossbeam ion source, beam acceptance through +/- 35° to transverse axis
- Ion source control for soft ionisation and appearance potential mass spectrometry
- Enhanced sensitivity for high mass transmission, Automatic mass scale alignment
- 2mm beam acceptance aperture – configured to specific user application
- Enhanced contamination resistance via the RF-only pre-filter stage
- Integral UHV compatible water-cooled shroud
- Detection limits down to 30 ions/second in molecular beam studies
- Monitor growth rates of 1Å/minute and lower
- Windows™ based MASsoft control via RS232, USB or Ethernet LAN
The system is supplied with MASsoft 7 Professional Edition software.
This Windows 8 and Windows 10 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.