A system for catalyst characterisation, kinetic and thermodynamic measurements
The Hiden CATLAB is a bench-top microreactor and combined mass spectrometer system for rapid and reproducible catalyst characterisation and reaction studies.
The microreactor and mass spectrometer are delivered as a complete system from a single manufacturer, unique to the industry, ensuring optimum analysis via seamless hardware and software integration. The modular design further allows both instruments to operate as stand-alone components so that they may be interfaced with existing laboratory equipment such as FT-IR, TGA or GC.
- Fast response, low thermal mass furnace with integrated air-cooling
- 1-20 °C / min heating rates up to 1000 °C
- Hiden’s unique interchangeable Catalyst Cartridge System
- Close-coupled hotzone evolved species probe & direct QIC inlet for <500 ms response
- ‘In-Bed’ thermocouple for direct catalyst temperature measurement
- Automatic 2-4 (8 optional) gas stream manifold or combined gas / vapour manifold
- Independent Mass Flow control of each channel at 3-100 ml/min (other flow options available)
- Corrosion resistant manifold configurations also available
- Seamless on-line, real-time studies with data acquisition and PC analysis
- Air thermostat and trace heating to minimise condensation of liquid feeds / products
- Shut-off / bypass flow configuration to seal reactor and gas sampling port
The Hiden CATLAB delivers a range of completely automated, dynamic, temperature programmed, pulse chemisorption and isothermal techniques.
Template driven CATLAB software provides automatic control of gas composition and delivery, temperature ramp and set-point as well as full mass spectrometer parameter controls - a true first for the catalyst researcher. The standard system has 0-200 amu capability with options extending this to 1000 amu.