Catalyst characterisation, kinetic and thermodynamic measurements
- Pulse Chemisorption
- TPD, TPO, TPR, TP-Reaction
- Catalyst Screening
- On-Line continuous product analysis
- Metal Surface Area
- Active Surface Area
- Reaction Kinetics
- Mechanisms of Surface Reactions
- Heats of Adsorption
The CATLAB-PCS microreactor module for the combined roles of catalyst characterisation and rapid, reproducible screening of catalyst activity, featuring:
- Fast response, low thermal mass furnace with integrated air-cooling.
- 1-20 °C / min heating rates up to 1000 °C.
- Hiden’s unique interchangeable Catalyst Cartridge System.
- Close-coupled hotzone evolved species probe & direct QIC inlet for <500ms response.
- ‘In-Bed’ thermocouple for direct catalyst temperature measurement.
- Automatic 2-8 gas stream manifold or combined gas / vapour manifold.
- Independent Mass Flow control of each channel at 3-100 ml / min.
- Corrosion resistant manifold configurations also available.
- Seamless on-line, real-time studies with data acquisition and PC analysis.
- Air thermostat and trace heating to minimise condensation of liquid feeds / products.
- Shut-off / bypass flow configuration to seal reactor and gas sampling port.
CATLAB Systems - Microreactor for Catalysis Studies and Thermal Analysis (827K)
Mass Spectrometers for Catalysis and Thermal Analysis (2.1MB)
QIC Series Gas Analysers - System Configurations
AP0027 - Preparation and Characterization of Nickel Based Catalysts for Partial Oxidation of Methane
AP0029 - Gaseous Release in LiNH2-MgH2 Systems
AP0033 - N-butane Partial Oxidation to Maleic Anhydride under Transient Regimes
AP0465 - Understanding the Effect of Sm2O3 and CeO2 Promoters on the Structure and Activity of Rh/Al2O3 Catalysts in Methane Steam Reforming
A TPD-MS Study of Novel Hydrogen Storage Materials (143K)
Application of Pd Catalysts for the Hydrogenation of Nitriles (215K)
Gas Phase Hydrogenation of 1,3-Pentadine, an FTIR Study (603K)
New Mesoporous Silica Supported Nickel Catalysts for Biomass Conversion (1568KB)
Plasma Modification of Catalysts Using a Dielectric Barrier Discharge (857KB)
Plasma Modified Nickel Catalysts for Biomass Conversion (509KB)
Reaction of Steam and Methane over Novel YSZ-LaB6 Composities and Nickel-YSZ Cermets (474KB)
Reaction Studies of a Combined Plasma Catalyst Reactor (812K)
An Integrated Microreactor MS for Catalyst Characterisation and Evaluation (4844K)
CATLAB Software - Complete Control of Experimental Parameters (1.61MB)
CATLAB Dispersion Measurement by CO Pulse Chemisorption (470K)
NOx Detection. The Detection of NO and NO2 using the HPR-20 (158KB)
Temperature Programmed Reduction with the QIC Series (329K)
CATLAB Sample Size (428K)
CATLAB Schematic (284K)
CATLAB Software - Automated Experimental Control (818K)
Temperature Programmed Techniques with the Hiden CATLAB (509K)
CATALYSIS - Selected Academic References (413K)
CATLAB - Selected Academic References (530K)