IG20 5 KeV Argon or Oxygen ion source for UHV surface analysis applications.
State of the art ion gun for surface and depth analysis applications.
- Static and Dynamic SIMS
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy
- Ion Beam Sputtering
- Surface Science Studies
- Rastering / Depth Profiling
The Hiden IG20 Ion Gun for static and dynamic SIMS, featuring:
- Intense ion beam with 100 µm spot size and energies from 0.5 – 5 keV.
- High current density, up to 4.5 mA/cm2.
- Electron impact ion source with Argon and Oxygen capability.
- Steering optics for line scattering and beam rastering in depth profiling.
- 3° offset in the ion gun column for optimum rejection of neutrals.
- Beam blanking facility for rapid beam switching in rastering applications.
- Source differential pumping for reduced chamber gas load.
- Easily replaceable twin filament assembly.
- Sweep rates down to 64 µs.
- Integrated operation with SIM and EQS probes for direct raster rate / area control.
IG20 Oxygen/Gas Gun (840K)
Fast Neutrals Analysis (302K)
Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry - Glass Coatings (30K)
Secondary Neutrals Analysis (301K)
SIMS - Imaging of Semiconductor Contact Pads (493K)
SNMS - Depth Profile of Hard Drive Platter (560K)
Sputtered Neutral Mass Spectrometry - Magnetic Layers (89K)
Tour of the Hiden SIMS Workstation (6215K)