A system for analysis of ions, neutrals and radicals in UHV desorption studies
The Hiden IDP is for the direct analysis of low energy ions from UHV surface science techniques. Applications include electron stimulated desorption, photon stimulated desorption and thermal desorption studies.
The Hiden EPIC and IDP have all the features of high performance RGAs - but with the addition of pole bias mid-axis potential and negative ion capability making them outstanding research grade mass spectrometers.
- Pulse Ion Counting Detector with continuous seven decade data presentation
- Direct observation of Positive / Negative ions, Radicals and Neutrals mass and yields
- 4 lens Ion Optics with integral electron ioniser and UHV compatible shroud
- Ion Energy distribution by mid-axis potential scanning ±100 V, 1000eV option
- High Sensitivity Triple filter Quadrupole, mass range options to 2500amu
- Signal gating 100 nano second resolution for energy & mass distributions vs time or TOF studies
- Temperature reading integrated into data displays for thermal desorption applications
- Stability (less than ±0.5% height variation over 24h)
- MASsoft control via RS232, USB or Ethernet LAN
The system is supplied with MASsoft 7 Professional Edition software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.