State of the art, bolt-on SIMS probe for integration into your existing UHV surface science chamber
- Static / Dynamic SIMS with energy analysis
- Integral front end ioniser for RGA
- Composition / contamination analysis
- Depth profiling
- Leak detection and desorbed gas analysis
- Compatible with Hiden SIMS Workstation
- Suitable for FIB-SIMS integration
Specification for 1000 Series EQS
- 5x105 cps/nA for 27Al+ from Al target under 5keV Ar+ bombardment
- 100 cps/nA for Cs(CsI)3+ at 913amu from CsI target under 5keV O2+ bombardment
The EQS secondary ion mass spectrometer for the analysis of secondary positive and negative ions from solid samples, featuring:
- High Sensitivity Pulse Ion Counting detector with 7 decade dynamic range.
- Raster Control for enhanced depth profiling and imaging with integrated signal gating.
- 45° Electrostatic Sector analyser, scan energy at 0.05 eV increments/ 0.25eV FWHM.
- Minimum perturbation of ion flight path & constant ion transmission at all energies.
- Triple filter Quadrupole, mass options to 2500 amu.
- Penning Gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection.
- Differentially pumped option for use in high pressure environments.
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN.
- Easily interfaced to existing systems
SIMS Brochure TI 181 (670K)
SIMS Brochure TI 181 HiRes (5.64MB)
AP0459 - Using FIB-SIMS to understand tribological changes in an Al-Si automotive alloy subject to transient start-stop velocities
Differentially Pumped Quadrupole SIMS Probe on FIB-based and Two-beam Microscopes - SIMS-19 (1.1MB)
Electron Impact Sputtered Neutral Mass Spectrometry (SNMS) using the Hiden EQS Energy Resolving Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer - ROLDUC 2012
High Performance SIMS - Mass and Energy Analyser for SIMS (A2)
High Performance SIMS - Mass and Energy Analyser for SIMS (A3)
Energetic (Fast) Neutral Species Analysis (97K)
EQP/EQS Time Resolved Studies in Ion Beam and Plasma Processes (246K)
EQS vs EPIC - Ion Energy Distributions (271K)
Fast Neutrals Analysis (302K)
Focused Ion Beam - Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry Depth Profiling (505K)
Secondary Neutrals Analysis (301K)