A system for the analysis of secondary positive and negative ions from solid samples
The Hiden EQS is a high transmission quadrupole secondary ion mass spectrometry, SIMS, detector including a 45 degree electrostatic sector for simultaneous ion energy analysis. Ions are collected on the axis of the device which makes it very popular for fitting as an after-market detector to a wide variety of surface analysis instrumentation.
The standard EQS can also be used to monitor the residual gas using an electron impact ionizer sited within the device. This can be employed for detection of sputtered neutrals, although the distance from sample to the ionizer leads to a low sensitivity.
- High Sensitivity Pulse Ion Counting detector with 7 decade dynamic range
- Raster Control for enhanced depth profiling and imaging with integrated signal gating
- 45° Electrostatic Sector analyser, scan energy at 0.05 eV increments/ 0.25eV FWHM
- Minimum perturbation of ion flight path & constant ion transmission at all energies
- Triple filter Quadrupole, mass options to 2500 amu
- Penning Gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection
- Differentially pumped option for use in high pressure environments
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
- Easily interfaced to existing systems
The system is supplied with MASsoft 7 Professional Edition software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.