An advanced Langmuir probe for plasma diagnostics
Mass spectrometers for vacuum, gas, plasma and surface science
Routine monitoring of the I-V plasma characteristic by the Hiden ESPion probe gives direct information relating to plasma stability and reproducibility. Automatic real-time extrapolation of plasma parameters gives detailed information on plasma properties for use in characterisation and uniformity monitoring.
The ESPion system employs Orbital Motion Limited (OML) and Allen Boyd Reynolds (ABR) as standard plasma analysis models.
The Hiden automatic Z-drive provides for spatially resolved measurements across the plasma volume. The standard Z-drive translation options are: 300, 600 and 900 mm.
- 15 scans per sec acquisition rate with D-O-E interface for auto, semi or manual analyses
- Hiden pioneers in passive RF compensation
- ESPion has the highest blocking impedance of any commercially available unit
- 4.25MOhm at 13.56 MHz cf. 100kOhm
- Gas cooled multi-inductor chain for high temperature plasma operation
- Gas cooled multi-inductor chain is user replaceable for tuning to other frequencies
- Reference probe compensates for low frequency effects
- e.g. shift in the plasma potential (e.g. anodised chamber walls) or noise (e.g. power supply)
- ESPion the fastest pulsed plasma specifications of any commercial probe
- ESPsoft contains all necessary gating circuitry as standard
- 300, 600 or 915mm auto linear drive options
- Interlocked isolation valve, 90° probes, combined linear – rotary drives options available
- Self-cleaning cycle to limit probe tip contamination
- ESPsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
The system is supplied with ESPionSoft software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with Langmuir probe data.