A mass and energy analyser for plasma diagnostics
Hiden plasma probes measure some of the key plasma parameters and provide detailed information relating to plasma reaction chemistry.
A wide range of industrial processes use electrical plasmas, and new applications are developing rapidly. In the microelectronics industry the demands of higher yields and shrinking device geometries mean that process reproducibility and understanding is vital.
Detailed understanding of the reaction kinetics of plasma ions and neutral species plays a key role in the development of advanced surface engineering processes such as HIPIMS.
- Differentially pumped manifold with mounting flange to process chamber
- High sensitivity / stability triple filter quadrupole, mass range options to 510amu
- Pulse ion counting detector with 7 decade dynamic range
- Energy analysis option by pole bias scanning 100eV
- Ion extraction / exclusion optics with tuneable integral ioniser for Appearance Potential MS
- Penning gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection
- Signal gating and programmable signal gating option for time resolved studies in pulsed plasma
- Analysis of neutrals and radicals as standard, +ve / -ve ion analysis option
- Mu-Metal, Radio-metal shielding options, high pressure operation options
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
The system is supplied with MASsoft 7 Professional Edition software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.