For the analysis of positive and negative ions, neutrals, and radicals from plasma processes
The EQP system directly measures mass and energy of both positive and negative process ions, measuring masses up to 2500 amu and ion energies up to 1000 eV.
Hiden plasma probes measure some of the key plasma parameters and provide detailed information relating to plasma reaction chemistry.
Detailed understanding of the reaction kinetics of plasma ions and neutral species plays a key role in the development of advanced surface engineering processes such as HIPIMS.
The integral electron bombardment ion source provides for analysis of neutrals and, with the addition of the EAMS (electron attachment mass spectrometry) electron attachment mode, for separation and identification of electronegative radical species.
- Software controlled Ion Extraction Optics for minimum plasma perturbation
- 45° Electrostatic Sector analyser, Scan Energy at 0.05 eV increments/ 0.25eV FWHM
- Minimum perturbation of ion flight path & constant ion transmission at all energies
- Differentially pumped Triple filter Quadrupole, mass range options to 2500amu
- High Sensitivity / Stability Pulse Ion Counting Detector with 7 decade dynamic range
- Tuneable integral ioniser for appearance potential MS with electron attachment option
- Penning Gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection
- Signal gating and programmable signal gating option for time resolved studies in pulsed plasma
- 1000eV Option, Floating option up to 10keV, Faraday Cup for high density plasmas
- Mu-Metal, Radio-metal shielding options, high pressure operation option
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
The system is supplied with MASsoft 7 Professional Edition software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.