A bioreactor off gas analyser, an integrated mass spectrometer and selector valve system, designed for the exit gas analysis of bioprocesses
Suitable for the laboratory, pilot and production.
The Hiden QIC BioStream is a complete, multi-stream gas composition monitoring system with detection of gases and vapours, measured in real time over the concentration range : 0.1PPM to 100%.
Capable of analysing gas streams at flow rates from 4 ml/min up to 10 L/min. The system is suited to a range of applications including fermentation off-gas analysis, biogas production monitoring and bio-enzyme production.
Hiden’s QGA Professional quantitative gas analysis software features automatic calibration routines for accurate quantitative analysis. Gas/vapour mass spectral libraries and automatic subtraction of spectral overlaps allow for precise fragmentation pattern recording.
- 20, 40 and 80 way sample configurations, Integral thermocouple / heater up to 120°C
- Robust, flexible, heated QIC direct inlet <500ms response to gases / vapours
- Gas flows from 0.01 – 10 l / min from 10 mbar to 2 bar, 100 amu profile in 2.5s
- High Sensitivity (to 5 ppb) and Stability (< ±0.5% height variation, 24 h), to 510 amu
- Zero ‘crosstalk’ for low memory effects, Low dead volume for fast response
- Novel face sealing technology provides effective seal with long life (>6×106 events)
- Direct drive, high torque microstepping motor with incremental rotary encoder for home z-position and closed loop motion
- Motion management including: Bi-directional travel for shortest path, Intelligent acceleration / deceleration, Position maintenance, Error annunciation
- Soft Ionisation for the analysis of complex organics
- Windows™ – MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
This Windows 8 and Windows 10 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.