A system for ion etch control and optimum process quality
The IMP-EPD is a differentially pumped, ruggedised secondary ion mass spectrometer for the analysis of secondary ions from the ion beam etch process. The system includes integrated software with process specific algorithms developed for optimum process control.
The IMP-EPD system is process proven for the production of high specification thin film devices for applications including magnetic thin films, high temperature superconductors and III-V semiconductors.
- High Sensitivity SIMS / MS with Pulse Ion Counting Detector
- Triple filter Quadrupole, 300 amu mass range is standard
- Differentially Pumped Manifold With Mounting Flange to Process Chamber
- Ion Optics with Energy Analyser and integral ioniser
- Penning Gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection
- Data System with integration to the process tool
- Stability (less than ±0.5% height variation over 24 h)
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
- Programmable DDE, Parallel Digital I / O, RS232 Scripting Communication
The system is supplied with MASsoft Professional Edition software.
This Windows 8 and Windows 10 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.
IBM Almaden Research Center | Advanced Instrumentation