Senior Digital Design Engineer
Hiden Analytical Ltd, a Mass Spectrometry Company (>35 years) requires a Senior Digital Design Engineer.
This role will require proven design experience. Previous experience with mass spectrometry would be an advantage. Starting as a team member, there is potential for the right candidate to move into a management role.
All systems are designed in the UK and sold worldwide. The position is full time, 37.5 hours a week, and is factory based at our headquarters in Warrington UK.
Who we are
We manufacture quadrupole mass spectrometers for residual gas analysis, plasma diagnostics by direct measurement of plasma ions and ion energies, SIMS systems and probes for surface analysis and UHV surface science, gas analysis systems for gas reaction studies, catalysis performance quantification, and thermo-gravimetric studies.
We are a specialist company of ~ 90 people. Our products are exported to all major economies in the world.
Qualifications / experience
- Digital design and PCB layout with Altium with a good understanding of signal timings and emission.
- Advanced FPGA experience using Xilinx Vivado , ARM processors ( preferably Zynq ) and FPGA integration.
- Knowledge of verification and timing by simulation is very important.
- Advanced design of complex digital systems including interfacing with analogue circuits.
Additional Skills / requirements
- Interpret requirement specifications to achieve system and design strategy for future products.
- Good English skills, communication skills, and willingness to work with multi team members.
- Good learning competency, self-motivated, and ability to work in diverse areas in a flexible and dynamic environment. Take full responsibility for solutions and make them happen.
- Proven EMC and Safety approvals experience for large and small systems.
- A willingness to be helpful and to be motivated to train new younger engineers.
Office based at single location of headquarters. Occasional site visits may be required to survey customer’s equipment for integration.
Benefits and Work Philosophy
- 23 days holidays. Pensions and Bupa health care after two years’ service.
- This company implements a minimum stress reduce working environment and encourages a
good work / life balance.
Job Application Guide
Please apply by email.
- Covering letter
Your covering letter should make clear why you wish to apply for a position at Hiden Analytical Ltd, and please outline your career objectives. We are pleased to accept applications from recent graduates, PhD’s, experienced professionals and apprentices. Especially in the case of experienced professionals, it is important to know the reasons for a change of job.
Please specify your expected salary and earliest possible start date.
We recommend that you list the details in your CV in chronological order, which will make it easier for us to review your application to follow your career development. Mention your average grades in school and further education in your CV: we would like to know not only what you have achieved, but how – and how well – you have reached your objectives.
If your application is well presented but you don’t receive an interview invitation, this is probably because another candidate was better suited to the position. The candidate profile must match our requirements very closely to be considered. Unfortunately it is not possible to reply to all applications received.