We are looking for high calibre employees with a physical science background
We supply mass spectrometers for advanced process monitoring and research in diverse areas of gas analysis, plasma, surface science, surface analysis and vacuum-related processing through Europe, North America and the Far East.
- We look for high calibre employees with a physical science background that would be interested in joining our team.
- Our team currently comprises more than 70 staff, in various fields of expertise. Engineers are the largest group within the Hiden team.
- More than 50% of Hiden employees have been with the company for more than 10 years. There are good reasons for this.
- Whether you would like to join us as, a trainee, a graduate or a professional, we are looking forward to your application!
- Before sending us your application please follow the job application guidance notes.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Motivated experienced design engineer with a proven record in project delivery, looking for a long term placement.
- Ideally experienced in the scientific instruments / medical instruments field though this is not essential.
- Working for a world leading manufacturer of scientific instruments.
- Required to lead a small team of mechanical design engineers.
- Responsible for design and documentation of new products and variants of existing products plus, legacy documentation.
- Working with technical / project / product managers.
- Working In a relaxed friendly working environment with achievable deadlines.
- Reporting to the company directors.
Who we are
Hiden Analytical Ltd is an SME with around 100 employees manufacturing world leading scientific instruments including a significant number of customer led bespoke products.
The company has a welcoming caring ethos with very low staff turn-over.
Based in Warrington in the North West of England.
Daily duties include:
Leading the design team:
- Scheduling work amongst the design team, overseeing the design processes and ensuring requirements are met.
- Production of 2D and 3D customer drawings, detailed mechanical production drawings and associated BoMs to appropriate standards. Detailed rendered 3D photorealistic designs for marketing. Generation and maintenance of documentation associated with the products/designs.
- Interacting with other staff members over design criteria.
- Organising and reporting on design review meetings
- Design / manufacturing drawings for electronics modules, working with electronics engineers.
- Liaising with various responsible managers over the design, engineering and development of new and existing products. Some customer interaction also.
Qualified to Degree level in a relevant mechanical engineering discipline with several years experience in a design engineering role.
Experience / awareness of medical, or scientific instruments, UHV cleanliness etc. beneficial but not essential.
Additional Skills / requirements
- Ability to co-ordinate with Engineers of other disciplines, electronics, physics etc.
- Production aware; design with consideration of manufacturing costs and ease of assembly for production
- Good technical understanding of engineering challenges.
- Good time management skills; able to work efficiently and maintain team productivity.
- Able to develop strong working relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Able to interact with customers representing the company and its products professionally.
- Setting of achievable goals and striving to complete projects on or ahead of schedule.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Self-Motivated and time conscious.
- Must have a positive outlook and be able to manage other engineers.
- Able to work productively in a team.
- Ideally with over 10 years plus experience post degree and who is looking to settle into a long term position.
Office based at single location of headquarters.
Occasional site visits may be required to survey customer’s equipment for integration.
JOB APPLICATION GUIDANCE
Please apply by email.
- Covering letter
Your covering letter should make clear why you wish to apply for a position at Hiden Analytical Ltd, and please outline your career objectives. We are pleased to accept applications from recent graduates, PhD’s, experienced professionals and apprentices. Especially in the case of experienced professionals, it is important to know the reasons for a change of job.
Please specify your expected salary and earliest possible start date.
We recommend that you list the details in your CV in chronological order, which will make it easier for us to review your application to follow your career development. Mention your average grades in school and further education in your CV: we would like to know not only what you have achieved, but how – and how well – you have reached your objectives.
If your application is well presented but you don’t receive an interview invitation, this is probably because another candidate was better suited to the position. The candidate profile must match our requirements very closely to be considered. Unfortunately it is not possible to reply to all applications received.
We naturally hope that your application meets our requirements, and wish you every success. The email address for your applications is : email@example.com