Horizontal Furnace/MS System for Catalyst Core Quantification
The CATLAB-FB is a combined furnace and mass spectrometer system for the analysis of catalyst core specimens at temperatures up to 1000°C, with multi-stream gas/vapour flow control and mass spectral analysis of both feed and downstream gases.
Options also includes a pulse chemisorption (PCS) mode for injection of sorbates to the reactor and a vapour feed system to enable vapour reaction characterisation in both PCS and continuous flow modes. All system elements are programmable from the integrated control program together with mass spectrometer data acquisition, data display and data interpretation.
There is also the possibility that a customer supplied furnace can be integrated into the CATLAB-FB set-up.
- Fast response, low thermal mass furnace with integrated air-cooling
- 1-20 °C / min heating rates up to 1000 °C
- Hiden’s unique interchangeable Catalyst Cartridge System
- Close-coupled hotzone evolved species probe & direct QIC inlet for <500 ms response
- ‘In-Bed’ thermocouple for direct catalyst temperature measurement
- Automatic 2-4 (8 optional) gas stream manifold or combined gas / vapour manifold
- Independent Mass Flow control of each channel at 3-100 ml/min (other flow options available)
- Corrosion resistant manifold configurations also available
- Seamless on-line, real-time studies with data acquisition and PC analysis
- Air thermostat and trace heating to minimise condensation of liquid feeds / products
- Shut-off / bypass flow configuration to seal reactor and gas sampling port
The Hiden CATLAB delivers a range of completely automated, dynamic, temperature programmed, pulse chemisorption and isothermal techniques.
Template driven CATLAB software provides automatic control of gas composition and delivery, temperature ramp and set-point as well as full mass spectrometer parameter controls – a true first for the catalyst researcher. The standard system has 0-200 amu capability with options extending this to 1000 amu.