A system for multiple source monitoring in MBE deposition applications
Molecular beam sources require accurate control for reproducible production quality thin film growth. Hiden’s XBS (cross beam source) system provides in-situ monitoring of multiple sources with real-time signal output for precise control of the deposition. Hiden’s XBS is a great tool used in molecular beam mass spectrometry.
- High Sensitivity, Enhanced detection from 100% to 5ppb, mass range to 510 amu
- Enhanced long-term Stability (less than ±0.5% height variation over 24 h)
- Crossbeam ion source, beam acceptance through +/- 35° to transverse axis
- Ion source control for soft ionisation and appearance potential mass spectrometry
- Enhanced sensitivity for high mass transmission, Automatic mass scale alignment
- 2mm beam acceptance aperture – configured to specific user application
- Enhanced contamination resistance via the RF-only pre-filter stage
- Integral UHV compatible water-cooled shroud
- Detection limits down to 30 ions/second in molecular beam studies
- Monitor growth rates of 1Å/minute and lower
- Windows™ based MASsoft control via RS232, USB or Ethernet LAN
The system is supplied with MASsoft Professional software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.