A system for the analysis of secondary positive and negative ions from solid samples
The Hiden EQS is a high transmission quadruple secondary ion mass spectrometry, SIMS, detector including a 45 degree electrostatic sector for simultaneous ion energy analysis. Ions are collected on the axis of the device which makes it very popular for fitting as an after-market detector to a wide variety of surface analysis instrumentation.
- High Sensitivity Pulse Ion Counting detector with 7 decade dynamic range
- Raster Control for enhanced depth profiling and imaging with integrated signal gating
- 45° Electrostatic Sector analyser, scan energy at 0.05 eV increments/ 0.25eV FWHM
- Minimum perturbation of ion flight path & constant ion transmission at all energies
- Triple filter Quadrupole, mass options to 2500 amu
- Penning Gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection
- Differentially pumped option for use in high pressure environments
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
- Easily interfaced to existing systems
The system is supplied with MASsoft Professional software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.