Quadrupole Components for Cluster Analysis
For further information and pricing, please get in touch with us.
Components for Cluster Studies
The Hiden cluster components include 9mm and 20mm pole diameter quadrupole assemblies with high-power RF operating at optimum frequency to accommodate high mass transmission required in cluster analysis.
The upper mass limit of a Quadrupole ﬁlter is severely constrained by the demand for RF Power that accompanies increasing m/z. Down-sizing the Rod Diameter appears to oﬀer a way around this problem, but comes with a signiﬁcant reduction in Quad performance, limiting its eﬀectiveness for clusters at high m/z. Hiden’s High Power RF Generator provides the solution – it is capable of delivering 5,000 m/z mass range even on a 9 mm Triple Filter Quad and with a frequency of 0.8 MHz, a combination that generates outstanding performance. This brings transmission of 45% at 5,000 m/z, yielding the lowest detection limit even for the largest of clusters. Hiden’s unique combination of Triple Filter, 9 mm Rods and High Frequency RF Generator, creates exceptional resolving power, even at the highest m/z.
Flexibility – optimises the balance between Resolving Power and Mass Range
With our new 20 mm Tri-Filter quadrupole and 400 kHz RF head we achieve a mass range of up to 4,000 amu and with our 9 mm Tri-Filter a mass range of up to 20,000 amu.
- Precision Tri-Filter quadrupole assemblies
- Air Gauge tested for conformity
- 9 and 20mm pole diameter options
- Mass range options to 20,000 amu
- 90 degree ion beam deflector option
The system is supplied with MASsoft Professional software.
This Windows 10 and Windows 11 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.
The iRGA software is a new and intuitive application for routine vacuum monitoring. It is designed to be simple and automatic.
- automatically provides partial pressure data for the common residual gas and vapours, including hydrogen, helium, water, nitrogen, oxygen, argon and a custom gas.
- includes a new tablet view where the background colour changes depending on alarm condition
- includes a trend view, scan, leak detection and maintenance modes
- includes alarm function to send alerts to internal I/O, Wi-Fi and by email