Hiden recently exhibited at the 34th Annual Cement and Concrete Science Conference, hosted by the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, The University of Sheffield, 14-16 Sep 2014.
The conference provided an opportunity for academic researchers, students and industrialists to meet and discuss their research on topics including:
– Hydration and microstructure of Portland cement and blended cements
– Alternative binders and their application as cements and concretes
– Durability testing of concretes based on Portland and non-Portland cements
– Structural and thermal performance of concrete materials
– Waste re-use in cements and concretes
– Cementitious materials for nuclear waste applications
– Sustainability issues related to cement and concrete production and utilisation
Associated Event: Workshop on Waste Cementation
Immediately following the main Cement and Concrete Science conference, there was a dedicated 1-day Workshop on Waste Cementation, held on 17 September, also at the University of Sheffield, and featured invited and contributed presentations from academia and industry focused on the use of cements to safely and effectively treat all sorts of diverse waste streams.