Hiden Analytical Europe GmbH, a daughter company of Hiden Analytical Ltd, UK with more than 40 years of design, development, and manufacture of quadrupole mass spectrometers. Our mission is to contribute with sustainability, corporate responsibility, and environmental protection to the welfare of the society. Our customers are accelerating sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improvements in all aspects of the Scientific Instrument business and strive for perfection in product and operation.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is keen to learn and become a valuable member of our service team based in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Experience in vacuum technology and basic electronics would be an advantage. The position will involve fault finding and operation of instrumentation through Hiden software applications on PC’s. Most of our customers are working in the research and development of catalyzers, batteries, nuclear fusion experiments, semiconductor industry and environmental control. Training will be provided as required , from our headquarters in Warrington, UK, and will last for ~ 6 months.
How you will make an impact:
As Service Engineer representative in this position, you are responsible for delivering and building service excellence over and above our customer expectations. On completion of training the role of service engineer includes the following:
What you will do:
- Represents our company in a positive, professional manner in all dealing with Hiden Analytical customers, both external and internal.
- Frequent trips in Germany, Austria, and the Benelux countries.
- Own and deliver service commitments and execute on installations, repairs, data analysis and calibrations, preventative maintenance, software training of mass spectrometer systems and high-resolution mass spectrometers.
- Responsible for providing services remote or at site within the agreed conditions; sets the accurate priorities.
- Service reporting, documentation, and creation of protocols to specification on internal and customer needs.
- Strive to increase the availability of the systems and optimize the cost-benefit relationship of maintenance services
- Maintain high level of customer allegiance by building strong customer relationships and promoting on excellent customer experience.
- Partner with our commercial colleagues to deliver customer deals that can be implemented profitably and meet/exceed customer expectations
- Help on continuous improvement through our Practical Process Improvement Business System
- Participation in training courses in Warrington UK.
- With your unique contribution we will make the difference in the future.
How you will get here:
Diploma or equivalent education preferable in the field of electrical engineering, (chemistry) , Physics, or engineering or technical training in the field of electronics or training in the (chemical field with technical orientation).
Experience is not essential as training is available , however an affinity and interest in the subjects below is a requirement:
- Work experience in technical services
- Field service experience (technical) or strong service knowledge
- Preferable knowledge in semiconductor industry.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills passionate about electromechanical, software and application issues
- Demonstrate Hiden Analytical values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities – not essential as training is available, however the successful candidate will either have these skills already or demonstrate that these skills can be achieved.
- Practical experience in an equivalent position desired
- Excellent interpersonal communication both written and oral German and English, French is a very good advantage
- Ability to work effectively with customers and colleagues in difficult and stressful situations
- Good knowledge of electronics and mechanics
- Customer friendliness and a professional attitude
- PC literacy including MS Office and Outlook
- Ability to travel (both domestic and internationally) in Germany, Austria, and the Benelux countries.
- Valid driver’s license
- Self-organized and effective
Hiden Analytical is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.