Systems for Plasma Research
High performance combined mass and energy quadrupole mass spectrometers for the characterisation of plasmas.
EQP-6 300 or 510 amu mass range with 6 mm triple filter quadrupole mass spectrometer for a wide range of plasma research applications.
EQP-9 9 mm triple filter quadrupole-based systems, featuring the broadest range of mass options available. 50 to 5000 amu options for high stability measurements and ion cluster analysis.
EQP-20 featuring Hiden’s 20 mm triple filter quadrupole with zone I/zone H switchable for 20 amu with 0.003 amu peak width, and 200 amu mass range with unit mass resolution for characterisation of hydrogen isotope plasmas.
Detailed understanding of the reaction kinetics of plasma ions and neutral species plays a key role in the development of advanced surface engineering processes such as HIPIMS.
The integral electron bombardment ion source provides for analysis of neutrals and, with the addition of the EAMS (electron attachment mass spectrometry) electron attachment mode, for separation and identification of electronegative radical species.
A high transmission 45° sector field energy analyser for positive and negative ion energy analysis up to 1000 eV is included in all of the EQP series instruments.
The EQP Series are available with integrated MCS – multi channel scalar data acquisition with time resolution to 50 nano seconds providing for fast data acquisition in pulsed plasma applications.
- Software controlled Ion Extraction Optics for minimum plasma perturbation
- 45° Electrostatic Sector analyser, Scan Energy at 0.05 eV increments/ 0.25eV FWHM
- Minimum perturbation of ion flight path & constant ion transmission at all energies
- Differentially pumped Triple filter Quadrupole, mass range options to 5000amu
- High Sensitivity / Stability Pulse Ion Counting Detector with 7 decade dynamic range
- Tuneable integral ioniser for appearance potential MS with electron attachment option
- Penning Gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection
- Signal gating and programmable signal gating option for time resolved studies in pulsed plasma
- 1000eV Option, Floating option up to 10keV, Faraday Cup for high density plasmas
- Mu-Metal, Radio-metal shielding options, high pressure operation option
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
The system is supplied with MASsoft Professional software.
This Windows 8 and Windows 10 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.
Ames Technology Capabilities and Facilities | Plasma Diagnostics
PSI – Paul Scherrer Institut | Plasma & Thin Film Analysis