An advanced Langmuir probe for plasma diagnostics
Routine monitoring of the I-V plasma characteristic by the Hiden ESPion probe gives direct information relating to plasma stability and reproducibility. Automatic real-time extrapolation of plasma parameters gives detailed information on plasma properties for use in characterisation and uniformity monitoring.
New: Automated 3D plasma mapping with Hiden ESPION Langmuir Probe. Find out more…
The Hiden automatic Z-drive provides for spatially resolved measurements across the plasma volume. The standard Z-drive translation options are: 300, 600 and 900 mm.
- 15 scans per sec acquisition rate with D-O-E interface for auto, semi or manual analyses
- Hiden pioneers in passive RF compensation
- ESPion has the highest blocking impedance of any commercially available unit
- 4.25MOhm at 13.56 MHz cf. 100kOhm
- Gas cooled multi-inductor chain for high temperature plasma operation
- Gas cooled multi-inductor chain is user replaceable for tuning to other frequencies
- Reference probe compensates for low frequency effects
- e.g. shift in the plasma potential (e.g. anodised chamber walls) or noise (e.g. power supply)
- ESPion the fastest pulsed plasma specifications of any commercial probe
- ESPionSoft contains all necessary gating circuitry as standard
- 300, 600 or 915mm auto linear drive options
- Interlocked isolation valve, 90° probes, combined linear – rotary drives options available
- Self-cleaning cycle to limit probe tip contamination
- ESPionSoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
The system is supplied with ESPionSoft software.
This Windows 8 and Windows 10 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with Langmuir probe data.