On Wednesday 27th January 2016 Xiang Yao and Alejandro Ojeda Gonzalez-Posada, PhD students at the Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI), visited Hiden Analytical’s headquarters in Warrington to present some of the data which they had collected with their Hiden EQP instrument.
Xiang Yao presenting the data on their EQP Instrument
The title of their presentation was, “Challenges when measuring a pulsed plasma plume with EQP-MS”. After their presentation, Hiden plasma experts had a discussion with Xiang and Alejandro and provided some advice for using an EQP instrument to measure a pulsed plasma plume. It was a useful discussion for both PSI and Hiden. Hiden Analytical are always keen to hear stories of how our customers are using our instruments, and our applications support team are very happy to work with customers to optimise their experimental setup so that they can get the best possible data from their Hiden equipment.
PSI website: https://www.psi.ch/
Hiden Product: EQP – Plasma Sampling Mass Spectrometer
The Hiden EQP is a combined mass/energy analyser for the analysis of positive AND negative ions, neutrals, and radicals from plasma processes:
- Analysis of positive ions, negative ions, neutral radicals and neutrals
- Etching/Deposition Studies
- Ion Implantation/Laser Ablation
- Residual Gas Analysis/Leak Detection
- Plasma electrode coupling – follow electrode conditions during operation
- Analysis through a viewport, grounded electrode, driven electrode
Visit Product Page: EQP
Find out more information about the Hiden EQP: Contact Us