A system for the analysis of secondary positive and negative ions from solid samples
Hiden Analytical supplies world-class mass spectrometry solutions and innovative tools for ion analyses, including the tried-and-trusted Hiden EQS. This high transmission electrostatic quadrupole secondary ion mass spectrometer (SIMS) is one of our most popular detection systems for research-scale thin film nanoscale surface analysis, as well as production-grade surface engineering.
The Hiden EQS is a unique electrostatic quadrupole SIMS detector, specialised for the mass spectral analysis of both positive (+ve) and negative (-ve) secondary ions from solid samples. With its integrated 45° electrostatic sector ion energy analyser, the Hiden EQS can simultaneously analyse ion energy with a resolution of 0.2 electron volts (eV). This makes it one of the most versatile tools for ion analyses in a raft of mass spectrometry applications, including:
- Dynamic and static SIMS
- Focussed ion beam (FIB) mass spectrometry
- Secondary neutral mass spectrometry (SNMS)
- Sputter depth profiling
- Sputtered ion and neutral mass/energy analysis
Tools for Ion Analysis from Hiden Analytical
A popular bolt-on fitting for after-market systems, the Hiden EQS offers high sensitivity and optional differential pumping to meet the imaging, depth profiling, and mass spectra requirements of users in a range of markets.
Find more Hiden Analytical mass spectrometer products here
If you need more information about integrating our electrostatic quadrupole SIMS tool into your existing mass spectrometry system or require a ground-up solution for your ion analyses, simply contact a member of the Hiden Analytical team today.
- High Sensitivity Pulse Ion Counting detector with 7 decade dynamic range
- Raster Control for enhanced depth profiling and imaging with integrated signal gating
- 45° Electrostatic Sector analyser, scan energy at 0.05 eV increments/ 0.25eV FWHM
- Minimum perturbation of ion flight path & constant ion transmission at all energies
- Triple filter Quadrupole, mass options to 5000 amu
- Penning Gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection
- Differentially pumped option for use in high pressure environments
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
- Easily interfaced to existing systems
The system is supplied with MASsoft Professional software.
This Windows 8 compatible software allows control of the instrument via USB 2.0, RS232 or Ethernet. Provides comprehensive I/O for data output and for reading data from external devices for integration and display with mass spectrometer data.